Getting Started

Due to the high volume of questions being asked, we have temporarily suspended new questions from being posted. Please browse the existing questions as you will most likely find your answer. Once we have answered the current topics we will allow new questions again.

shortcake
Colestid

I have been on Colestid for almost 16 years since my gallbladder was removed I was producing too much bile that resulted in painful diarrhea. This medicine absorbs bile acids from the intestines. I have never had a problem with high cholesterol. Without this medicine working like a sponge to soak up the bile I couldn't leave home. I've asked several Doctor's over the years if there were any side effects to this drug and was always told no, now I find out that it increases my risk of breast cancer and heart disease. After 16 years what kind of damage am I looking at? what test should I ask for? and what can I do to reverse the damage? Thank you. Dee Dee

Save Changes
Posted 12/17/2011 9:56:33 PM
Forum Moderator
Lorna

Hi Dee Dee, The body is amazing it will regenerate and heal if we give it the tools. You did not say if you had stopped the drug. You should change your diet and eat vegetables and protein and very little alcohol and virtually no grains and limit dairy products. This will do miracles for the problem. Then to protect your breasts you should take Estrosmart 2 caps a day. Do not take products with milk thistle as milk thistle elevates prolactin and can create problems. To prevent heart disease stay thin, take Q 10 - 100mg per day. Take 2000mg of fish oil per day. Diet is key. Read my free books Your 30 Day Heart Smart Solution and An A - Z Woman's Guide under the book button for FREE

Save Changes
Posted 1/5/2012 1:48:48 PM

Creating links

There are two ways of creating links:
  • [Example](http://www.example.com) produces a link like this: Example
  • The fully qualified address, like http://www.example.com, will automatically be converted to a link.

Formatting Text

• You can make your text italic by surrounding it with * characters, *like this.*
  • Bold formatting is produced by surrounding your text with two stars, **like so**.
  • You can even ***use both at the same time***.

Lists

• You can make a bulleted list using stars, like this:

* First Item
    * Second Item
    * Third Item

• If you want a numbered list, just write it out like this:
    1. First Item
    2. Second Item
    3. Third Item

Headings

You can produce headers for your posts using the '#' symbol.
  • '#Main Heading Example' produces a top level heading.
  • '##Sub Heading Example' produces a sub level heading.
  • '###Small Heading Example' produces a small heading.